Thursday, April 17, 2014

Conquer Entertainment Spotlight - Jeneen Terrana

Like the notes to a song, the Conquer Entertainment (CE) platform is a unique blend of melodies featuring artists from all walks of life and styles of music. We are not in the business of delivering mundane, we aim for extraordinary and so do our artists!

Recently Conquer's spotlight was on Jeneen Terrana, a NYC artist with a sweet voice, big heart and recipes to accompany her tunes. Here is a copy of  Conquer's interview with this up and coming star performer:

CE: Tell us a little about yourself, how you came to be an artist and how you define yourself within the industry.

JT: My first love was singing.

My mom played music all the time by artists like Barbara Streisand, Barry Manilow, and The Carpenters. I used to memorize all the songs as a little girl and record myself singing them. My dad used to sit at the end of my bed at night when I was a little girl, play guitar and sing folk songs. My grandfather, who was from Sicily, would come over every Sunday for dinner and then sing in the living room while we all watched. He wasn't trained; it was just his natural tenor voice. He did songs from operas and Old Italian folk songs.

Within the industry I define myself first and foremost, as a singer. It’s still my first love and I love singing all different styles of music.

CE: You've had countless performances throughout the year of 2013 including performances at the Market America International Convention, Regionals and more. Tell us about those experiences. How does it feel to perform before an audience of 20,000+?

JT: Performing at the World Conference was amazing! A captive audience of 20,000 people is something I dream about every day. I was a little nervous at first but as I saw everyone’s glowing faces, it felt like home.

I love playing live, and I enjoy all types of venues from coffee houses to arenas. Every show is so different and special in its own way. It’s all about the people you meet at these events and connecting with them through music.

CE: You recently performed for an event called "Uniquely You" hosted by your Certified Artist Developers (C.A.D.) Zoe and Glant Lee, tell us about that event and your personal experience.

JT: This event was geared toward women and helping them feel beautiful no matter what shape, size, or color. We had a great lineup of five different artists over a three hour span. I was really taken back by how receptive the audience was to each of the artists. We also had booths set up for Motives, TLS and Conquer so our guests could be exposed to different products and majors in the business. It was really wonderful and we’re having another one on April 19th!

CE: Working on any new project(s)? Tell us about the inspiration behind it (them).

JT: I’m recording a new EP at the moment with producer Nick Howard. It’s a really exciting project for me because the songs have a more pop/rock feel to them. I've been listening to a lot of electronic rock bands recently and you can hear it in the new songs. It’s funny how that happens! I think part of any artists’ journey is to grow and evolve musically as you grow and evolve personally. These songs will capture a new energy that I've been experiencing.

CE: Where do you aspire to be music wise?

JT: I want to reach the world with my songs. I want to play sold out arena tours. I want to inspire the young and old to follow their dreams.

CE: Why did you choose to work with Conquer Entertainment?

JT: I love the people behind Conquer and their passion for helping artists earn the money to follow their dreams! It’s also been really great to plug in to the events and conventions and perform in front of a brand new audience. My CAD’s, Zoe and Glant Lee are amazing and really have a vision for my music and for Conquer. My husband Craig Mackay is very supportive and is a CAD as well. As we learn more about Conquer and the business, we see more and more possibilities.

For more about Jeneen Terrana, visit here on Conquer Entertainment.

For more about Conquer Entertainment, the UnLabel Owner or Certified Artist Developer programs, visit us at Explore Conquer Entertainment.

No comments: